Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Life Verse

Ever since I could remember people have been asking me, "what's your favorite verse" or "what's your life verse?" and all I could say was, "All of them?" 


To me, I guess I just felt like they all should be verses to live by and I couldn't pick just one. A few weeks ago I was in Exodus and I found the most beautiful portrayal of life and God's intention for us. I guess you could say this verse embodies what I see as God's intention for my life. 


My "life" verse. Finally. [Not that I really needed one. It just touched me in a deep way.] 





Exodus 13:15
You have led in your steadfast love the people whom you have redeemed; you have guided them by strength to your holy abode.

Isn't that a glorious picture of the Christian life. It's not religious or ceremonial or works. It's just being led by His unending love to His holy abode. Being redeemed, falling in love with Him and letting his loving strength guide us down the path that leads straight to His arms. This is his heart. His intention for us all. And I can think of nothing more beautifully simple. 

May you all experience this life, this love, this simplistic glorious experience with the Loving Eternal King of your heart. 





No comments: