Monday, March 15, 2010

START THE REVOLUTION

I want to start a revolution to bring back classy. I mean, seriously, when did trashy replace classy? It became acceptable and expected for girls to abandon all sense of moral code, attached with all kinds of gimmicks and tricks to make themselves more desirable. When, in actuality it has become just that, a gimmick.

So, lets unite to bring back some pride to womanhood. To bring back value to those homemaking skills that are seemingly disappearing. Honestly, does anyone know how to can vegetables, throw a dinner party, hem a skirt, or even cook dinner for that matter?

I've been thinking a lot about this since I've been home. I want to learn how to be a wonderful woman. No gimmicks, no tricks, but true, pure and lovely. I've been finding myself lost in the grocery store, poring over delicious cookbooks, and delighting in my brand-new apron! It's something I never expected out of myself, but an adventure nonetheless.

3 comments:

Christie Farrar said...

I cook dinner all the time, though I don't eat many veggies so I don't see a point in canning them LOL but I can make lots of things from scratch!

I just bought an apron too. If you need ANY good recipes, hit me up. As I have LOTS and most of them are oh so simple but look extremely hard to make lol

-Christie

brittney ballistic said...

i love this & i love you. thank you (:

andrea k. said...

i wholeheartedly agree. and i'm going to make homemade french bread tomorrow!