Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Hallo Deutschland!

Gutentag!

I am back here in Siegen, safe and sound. The semester is off to a busy start! I've already been settled in and had a week's worth of classes. I ended up in the same room as last semester, all the way up in the Attic on the 4th floor. There are less students this semester, so it feels a bit quiet, but we have been having a lot of fun getting to know each other and hanging out in our free time.

Last Saturday we went to Eisenach to the castle that Martin Luther translated the New Testament into German before the time of the Reformation. It was surreal, like walking into a bit of history. It only took him 10 weeks to translate the 27 books of the New Testament. Before we went, we all watched the movie about him, and I think I would've been his sidekick if I could've. It was pretty incredible.

So this semester I am stoked about my classes. They seem to fit nicely together. I am taking...

Church History with David Guzik
Daniel with Conor Berry
Womens' Discipleship with Hannah Berry and Inga-Lil Guzik
Nehemiah with Daniel Ganzler
Acts with Jeremy Kirby
Inductive Bible Study with Jeremy Kirby
(and I will be sitting in on the German class, to practice the language)

I am so blessed to be here and to have the opportunity to study the Bible. I am learning so much and I can see already how this will benefit my future.

No comments: