Saturday, December 20, 2008

What's round on the outside and high in the middle?

That's right, OHIO.

It's so weird being home. It almost doesn't feel like real life. Bible College was real life. I feel like I'm in a foreign country. It's so weird to be able to read all the signs and talk to cashiers and understand conversations I'm not involved in. I did the math, 9 of the past 12 months I have been in Europe. No wonder the midwest feels foreign.

However, I am so happy to be home and catching up with friends and family. My mom and sister and I baked up a storm this morning and we are decorating the tree tomorrow! I am so blessed to have a wonderful family! I am looking forward to the visit here at home, but I can't wait to go back to my second home in Germany.

So until then, I will sleep in my own bed, eat eggs every morning, drive my car and stay up as late as I want...... ohhh the freedom! :)

Wishing you all a joyous day celebrating the incarnation of the Living God!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

lish, i miss you bunches. i'm in the process of showing caleb the gazillion photo's i took while i was over there and it's so sad cause half of them are of you. haha. but i'm glad you're happy at home. enjoy the time! and i'm praying for you about tomorrow (sunday), you'll do great. i looove you!

p.s.
you would know all those catchy Ohio jokes.

andrea k. said...

i am real glad you used an ohio joke. way to go back to your midwestern roots, girl! [roots rhyming with foots, not boots, you know?]
i miss you! and it is time to hear your next joke, and also how you are. miss you!!!!
love.a

p.s. and in all sincerity, i am really glad you are returning this semester! see you in less than a month.